Saturday 2 March 2013

Say Cheese!

Two meetings, two days, a world of difference! The first was a meeting with a person with whom I have friends in common. He wanted to meet up and discuss something. But when we met, the man looked intense, brooding (may be he's going for the strong silent type of look) and, to me, a little worried - like the weight of the world was on his shoulders. And he never smiled! Needless to say, however much of fun this person may turn out to be later in life, I'm never going to find out because I'm never calling him again.

Second meeting was purely work. But when we walked in, we were greeted with a smile. The meeting lasted all of 15 minutes and whether things work out or not, I came away with the feeling of an afternoon well spent.

So here's the thing...maybe people want to look cool or intense, it just doesn't work for me without a smile. Because that is the impression I'm going to carry for the rest of my life. And frankly, why should I spend time with someone who is stingy with smiles? If your world is falling apart, I understand the lack of smiles, but if not, please go looking for it. Because even if you are devastatingly handsome or truly beautiful, successful, intelligent and all the other desirable stuff, if there is no smile, my desire to know you vanishes!

So do say 'cheese" and smile please!



Pics courtesy - Sandhya Suri

No comments:

Post a Comment