Monday 14 October 2013

Return from Greece!

So I've just returned from Greece! This doesn't have much to do with this post, but I felt like telling everyone :):):) Though the thought for this post did begin in the village of Oia in Santorini!



As I sat in the balcony of our room in the hotel, taking in the stunning view, he thought that crossed my mind was, "this belongs to me just for 3 days. And I am going to make the most of it!" This has pretty much been my motto in life! I have always grabbed what I could from life, with both hands, often spilling over, being run off my feet in my attempt to do as much living as I can. You see, this is my life and I don't know how long I have it. So I want to do everything quickly. And I want to do it all because what did waiting and being cautious ever get me? Nothing! Nada! No wait! It did get me something. It got me 11 years of nothing! 11 years of being careful, sitting at home, long nights and a distinct lack of fun!

Then a friend said she missed me! Huh? Considering we were together a lot, I wondered what she meant. And then she told me that she missed the girl who was ready for an adventure at any time. She missed the girl who was ready for fun! Basically, she missed the girl who wasn't paralyzed by too much analysis!



And that is the day I went back to being myself. I went back to getting myself ready for failure, for being laughed at, for success, for admiration and for all the hare brained plans I have always had! First I got back to theatre, then made a million new friends and then without too much thought, started Footloose No More, met Prashant and got married! In fact, I did all the things that over thinking had stopped me from doing!



I've always done what I felt like, having accepted that success and failure, sorrow and joy, heart break and happiness are a part of life and no matter how much I think, I cannot protect myself from it. So, as long as I am not being stupid and putting my safety at risk, I will do what I want and what makes me happy in that moment. Because things may not last a life time, but when I look back, I want to look at little joys that together tell me that I have had the time of my life! But safety first!

Because I have never met anyone who got happiness from being scared! Have you?


1 comment:

  1. Love you! When is Jaipur happening??? I will make it as filmi as anything!

    ReplyDelete