Tuesday 11 November 2014

How to lose even more weight!

I have 5 month old twins (Yes yes, I know, I've told the whole world multiple times), and apart from having them, what I love are the reactions of people when I meet them. "Wow! You don't look like you just had babies! Where did the pregnancy weight go?" Fact is that I didn't actually put on much weight. And what little was there, left pretty much on it's own. But when women do discuss our weight (yes we do discuss weight issues often. Deal with it), I realize that most of us gained weight and never got around to losing it because, "who has the time?", "I can't resist food" or "I have no energy!"

The time and love for food issues you'll have to solve yourself, but I discovered the best way to deal with lack of energy! After having the kids, I found my body ached all the time and I had no strength to do anything. Being sleep deprived, I just wanted to lie in bed all day and even walking a few steps was an ordeal! (In another life, I used to walk 6 kms everyday.)  figured out that if I wanted to lose the post pregnancy weight, I'd have to be fit, because an unfit, stiff body can't work out!

And that's when I discovered YOGA 101. A friend suggested it and I went to check it out. And I'm a convert!



Here are the things I discovered. Yoga does indeed help you lose weight. Yoga will help you sort out basic health issues and is a great way to relieve your body of toxins. You don't need to be flexible to do it, because yoga will make you flexible. Once you are fit, you can go to the gym or run a few kilometers a day again. I do! It also helps me get away from the madness for an hour 3 times a week and helps calm my mind. I'm fitter, more at peace and able to cope with 2 kids, work and demands of the home. The trick was to find something I could enjoy.

I swear by YOGA 101 in Bombay. If you want to join them, i'm giving the facebook link below. Otherwise, go find your own where you can rediscover a fitter you. Even if you have no kids and don't plan to have any, gift yourself a fit body and see the weight deop away! Why? Because you're worth it!

https://www.facebook.com/Yoga101Mumbai?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment