Friday 24 November 2017

Doctor I'm in trouble!

So I fell ill. Naturally, I went to the doctor, who prescribed medication and told me that I would be fine. And as luck would have it, I wasn't fine. So I called the doctor and told him that I was, in fact, in a lot of pain! The doctor got pissed off and told me that I should go to another doctor! My reaction was a simple, "what?" I'm the one in pain and I am not giving up. So what's with you?

Then my daughter fell ill. I took her to the doctor and the same thing happened! This time, the doctor had to go to her "other" clinic, she was tired and was snapping at everyone. The child, who is only 3 yrs old, picked up on it and went into hysterics! The doctor lost her cool and said if the child is not comfortable, I should take her somewhere else because she wants patients who have faith in her! Faith! From a 3 year old? Wow!

So what is it with doctors? What's with the God complex? As I understand it, everything is a trial and miss effort where the patient is pretty much the subject of experiments! I agree that you see a lot of suffering, but if you can't handle a job that puts pressure on you, shouldn't you be taking a break and sorting out your anger issues? Why does every patient who comes to you have to say, "I feel great. Thank you for asking?" If that is what I wanted, I would go to a tea party. And if I just wanted to sing praise, I would go to a place of worship!

So while I am willing to give the doctors a lot of rope because they are stressed, I am unwilling to deal with their tantrums! 

No comments:

Post a Comment